Saturday, July 28, 2018

A cousin named Royal

Last updated 2/24/19

The name Royal comes up twice in my family tree-I don't really know if there is anything significant about the name Royal.  My grandfather always signed papers as Roy and I haven't seen any official documentation that Royal was the name his parents wanted for him.  The only source for this comes from Roy's brother, Robert who wrote a short bio of his parents and in the story he explains that their mother insisted that my grandfather be named Royal Fredrick Peterson (see Robert Peterson's Family History post.)

I bring this up because I find it curious that my grandfather also had a 1st cousin named Royal.  A cousin he never met, but strangely ended up in Washington State as well.

This cousin was Royal Howard Campbell.

Roy Campbell was the son of Nancy Peterson and William A. Campbell.  Nancy was the 

No comments:

Post a Comment